- Development of Satellite Disease Surveillance Unit to identify the epidemic before it occurs and to avert it by community related activities.
- Coordinating the health activities related to heavy floods in 2005 and averting flood borne diseases
- Participating in Mega Health Camps
- MCI recognition for MD PSM and DPH
- India CLEN programme network identified PSM dept. for national programme evaluation –since 1997 and has participated in 8 evaluations at national level.
- PSM dept. was identified as resource dept. for conducting course on diploma in Geriatric Medicine by IGNOU
- Starting of Integrated OPD and Drop in Centre for HIV
- Savitribai Phule Award Aadarsh Shikshika Puraskar conferred to Dr.Daksha Pandit by Bombay university
- Starting Model Injection center at OPD 6 and injection room of LTMMC and UHC Dharavi.
- Development of Interns Log Book which was adopted for reference in making MUHS Log Book for interns
- Development of Museum - A center for health education for the health care workers and students
- Development of Rural Health Center for training of students interns and residents and to develop an understand of rural health.
- Services for the Arthur Road Jail inmates and Jail employees for risk Reduction of HIV/ AIDS
- Development of IEC cell of the department
- Instrumental in developing the DPH and MD Curricula for MUHS