Dr. Neela Patil, Prof. and Head.
Ph.D; Project title:
· Areas of Interest:-
Ø 1) Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis
Ø 2) Prenatal and postnatal diagnosis
Ø 3) Mitochondrial enzymes
Ø 4) Lysosomal enzymes
Ø 5) Biochemical changes in cardiovascular surgery
Ø 6) Oxidative stress and Antioxidants
Co curricular Activities:-
· 1)Editor, ‘Arogya,’ ‘KALNIRNAY’ calendar, dedicated to health related topics
· 2) Coordinator, ‘Maitri’ activity of students and teachers in LTMMC
· 3) Coordinator, Marathi Wangmay Mandal,LTMMC
· 4)Convener, Common Journal for Medical Colleges in Mumbai.The Journal was implemented in 2001 and used till date
Convener Question Bank in Biochemistry .Questions were invited from Medical Colleges all over Maharastra
Submitted to MUHS in May 2002.
1. Proximate principle and energy content of human milk in well-nourished mothers. Indian Pediatrics 26:1211,1989
2. Study of physical characters of human milk. Pediatric Clinics of India 31(1):42-50,1996
3. Determination of Ayurvedic Constitution by a newly developed marking system. Deerghayu International 12(3): 3-6,1996.
4. Self actualization and practice of Yoga
Malati A,Damodaran A, N Shah, N Patil , A Marathe
NIMHANS JOURNAL17(1)1999 PP39-41
5. Biochemical parameters in young men and women after four months of strenuous physical exercise. N. D. Patil, A. suryavanshi. Biomedicine :2000,20.:43-44
6. Glutaric aciduria Type-I associated with Learning Disability (In Press) Indian Journal of Pediatrics
7. Blood Lactate level during cardiopulmonary bypass for valvular Heart surgery. (In Press) Annals Cardiac Anesthesia.
8. The serial estimation of serum lactate, pyruvate and base deficit in Trauma patients with hypovolaemic shock: indicator of adequate resuscitation and management.
Pradnya Kadam Neela Patil.etal Indian J. anaest. 2004;48(2):138.
9)Wolmans Disease in an Indian patient
Alka kalgutkar, VM Bhide,Mamta Manglani, Neela Patil
Bombay Hospital JournalVol40(3) 1998